Sunrise Academy Middle/High School Counselor – Flexible Hours
Closing Date: Until Filled
We are looking to hire a middle/high school counselor with outstanding assessment and listening skills. Counselors are expected to display empathy and sound decision-making with great organizational and motivational skills. To ensure success, counselors should be accessible and with excellent communication skills and a profound interest in helping students to attain their academic and career goals.
- Conducting individual and group counseling sessions to advise and assist students with academic and occupational development.
- Developing and implementing counseling strategies with contemporary methods of mentoring.
- Identifying behavioral problems and acting appropriately to remedy the situation.
- Completing evaluations, analyzing results, and providing purposeful feedback.
- Cooperating with parents, academic staff, and external partners.
- Arranging and scheduling orientation programs and internships.
- Advertising facilities and study programs to potential students.
- Implementing and facilitating educational and training workshops for academic staff.
Guidance Counselor Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in counseling or related.
- 2 years of work experience as a counselor in an academic environment.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Motivational leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Confident interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Remarkable professionalism and solid work ethic.
- Computer/technology skills.
Primary responsibilities for teachers in most grade levels:
- Believe and implement Sunrise Academy's Mission and Vision.
- Capable of developing and implementing high quality lesson plans for students in your classroom.
- Capable to clearly and successfully differentiate instruction for students in this content area.
- Holds exceptional classroom management skills.
- Able to use technology as an instructional tool in the classroom, as a means of analyzing academic achievement data, and as a tool to aid effective communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Exemplary work habits
- Successful experience as a teacher
Qualifications for this role include:
- Holds a bachelor's or master's degree in education (preferably for the subject/grade level you are applying for).
- Preferably holds a teaching license or certificate in the state of Ohio.
- Preferably has at least one year experience working with students in a classroom.
To apply, please email your resume to: [email protected]